Xtreme Ice Control is strongly committed to safeguarding customer and contractor privacy and protecting the personal and business information you provide to us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As part of our normal business operation, we collect information about our customers and our contractors through a variety of methods:
- Job Information Provided by Customers: In order for customers to buy products or services, we need to collect standard information about the location and scope of the work so we are able to accurately price and describe the products or services for contractors. This information is shared with the contractor(s) assigned to the service or product per our Quality Assurance Policy for the period during which they need the information to complete the job for you. This information is retained by Xtreme Ice Control as part of your account to simplify ordering of future jobs for the same property; however, we do not share job or Property information with anyone who is not directly involved in performing the job.
- Payment Information Provided by Customers: For customers to pay for products or services we need to collect credit card and/or bank account information to process a deposit or payment for job. Protecting customer financial information is our highest priority and we work closely with our credit card processor, credit authorization gateway manager, the various credit card companies, our commercial bank, and various compliance agencies and regulatory authorities to ensure that all of our payment processes meet the highest standards of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) consortium. Payment information is retained under high security encryption by Xtreme Ice Control as part of your account in order to facilitate ordering of future products or services but is not shared with any entity or any person outside the payment process. Contractors never have access to your payment information.
- Business Information Provided By Contractors: In order for us to be able to assign jobs to contractors and to pay them once a job is complete per our Quality Assurance policy, we need to collect standard vetting, business, and bank account information from contractors. As with a customer’s job and payment information, contractor information is retained as part of your contractor account under the highest security protocols. We do not share this information with any entity or person outside of the normal disclosure to customers when you are assigned to one of their jobs and to payment processors in order top pay you for completed jobs. We may also disclose contact information to third parties when necessary in the course of the standard vetting practice we undertake to assure your status as a qualified contractor. We do not share any of your business information with potential competitors except in aggregate summaries of the market in which you and your competitors operate, which market intelligence is available to all contractors who participate in Xtreme Ice Control.
- “Cookie” Information: We collect and store certain types of information when a customer or contractor interacts with us by using "cookies" and logs - software tools which obtain certain types of information whenever your Web browser accesses Xtremeicecontrol..com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Xtremeicecontrol.com. This information helps us improve your user experience and ensures that we are able to provide you with the best service possible.
- Mobile Applications: When you download or use the Xtreme Ice Control smart phone or other mobile device applications as a contractor, we may collect information about your location, your mobile device, and other job related factors, in order to assure job quality. In particular, mobile information collected from contractors is critical for us to be able to provide customers with the ability to audit performance of each job. We may also use mobile information to improve customer user experience.
- E-mail Communications: We rely extensively on e-mail to communicate with customers and contractors and to relay communication between them. Many of our standard e-mail notifications include links to specific functions on our website that are part of our Task execution and payment process. We consider Information collected by these links to be direct, actionable instructions from customers and contractors and therefore we retain this information as part of our job audit trail under our Quality Assurance Policy.
All information we collect is protected at the highest industry standard for cyber security. We encrypt all information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software during transmission. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order and only in e-mail communications to customers. Contractors never receive customer payment information.
Your password is the key to your customer or contractor account and it is your responsibility to protect it. Do not disclose it to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you must notify Xtreme Ice Control and change your password immediately.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We have developed strict guidelines on how we use and share customer and contractor information. These guideline include the following key precepts.
- Marketing: We do not sell or share any information we collect from customers or contractors to third party marketing or other entities. Xtreme Ice Control does use information provided by customers and contractors to market and sell products or services and to enhance user experience as appropriate.
- Affiliated Businesses: We work closely with several affiliated businesses we do not control as part of our contractor vetting and insurance processes, and other business protocols. We will always indicate when we share information with a third party as part of these processes and protocols.
- Contractors: Per our corporate policy, Xtreme Ice Control contractors are not employees of our company and are not under our direct control. They have access to the relevant information needed to perform their jobs.